SAP Applications and Business Suite Installed on an SAP System
I have a couple of questions:-
1) Is there any way to find out about the SAP applications installed on an SAP system? I used CCMS to find out about the Installed SAP
components. But does this list give the correct information? Also, can we find out which are the major and minor components from this list?
2) Can there be more than one business suite (CRM, SRM, SCM etc.) installed on a single SAP system? Or is it always the case that a single SAP system can have only one business suite installed on it so that it can either be a CRM system, SRM system or something else.
3) Is there any way (Any database table or RFC function) I can find out out about the business suite installed on a particular SAP system? One thing I saw in SAP GUI is that the title bar reads "Customer Relationship Management" if it is a CRM system. Is this a fool-proof way to find out whether an SAP system is a CRM system, SRM system etc. If yes, will this information be stored in a database table or is there any RFC function so that I can get this data programatically?
Can anybody please help me out on this???
Towards this end I did some research myself as suggested by SAP Gurus (Mike and Matt)and had the following observations:-
1) I tried out SPAM. But this is giving more or less the same information that I am already getting using the database table "CVERS" or the RFC function module "DELIVERY_GET_INSTALLED_COMPS". Both of these give information about the installed SAP components. But these modules don't give the precise information as to which particular business suite application is installed on the SAP system.
2) I checked out the site -http://service.sap.com/instguides but couldn't get much help on here. I couldn't exactly get any information about the combinations of the business suite applications
that can be installed on an SAP system.
However, I was curious about one thing which I observed on my SAP system. The SAP GUI title bar reads "SAP Easy Access Customer Relationship Management". Can we be come to a conclusion that this is an SAP system with CRM installed on it?
Also, the installed components for this system lists "BBPCRM" as one of the application component. Can we say that this is a CRM system by looking at this? If yes, are you aware of such a similar component for the other applications SRM, PLM, SCM which tells us about the business suite application installed on the SAP system?
3) I did some rigorous search for RFC function modules that give the information I need. I came across 2 RFC function modules which give information on the SAP applications installed on an SAP system:-
The function module "TERM_GET_TOPLEVEL_COMPONENTS" is showing a list of business suite applications installed but I am not sure if it's giving the correct information because it shows both CRM and SRM in the applications list for an SAP system.
I'd be most interested for your further suggestions regarding this.
Many Thanks in advance!!!