Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee SAP Certified ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since a while, we are using RMS 3.00 (e-Recruiting) for job applications. The configuration exists of one, standalone server on which employees from inside the company have access (via iViews on SAP Portal) and also the "outside" world but via the standard RMS browser interface.

Our business also wanted that the "outside" world could sent documents (Word or PDF).

And here is a problem.

All our SAP components are installed on HP-UX (company policy for SAP)and we only support McAfee as anti-virus program (again company policy).

McAfee only supports a command line scanner on Unix but I don't find any information if this solution is SAP Certified.

If anyone has any alike experience or advise, please share it.

3 REPLIES 3

Strehle
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

McAfee is not officially listed, yet but you can contact them here: ProfessionalServices_DE@mcafee.com

They offer a certified solution but this is possibly only available on Windows.

You have then the option for:

• Using the UNIX scanner (but you have to install a bit virus scan server there) and connect it with a shared library from <https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/webcontent/uuid/e6448834-0c01-0010-f2bb-f9c0737cd98c> [original link is broken]

• Installing a Scan-Server <http://service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=DISPHIER&HEADER=N&FUNCTIONBAR=N&EVENT=TREE&TMPL=01200615320200008535&V=MAINT> on NT with your existing Licens and a certified connector from McAfee (here you should contact McAfee).

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jos.

Did you look at the bowbridge solution? www.bowbridge.net

I am not sure about HP-UX but I saw they are porting their adapter to some UNIX platforms.

We are using them on Windows with Symantec... runs like a charm! And I was told they are about to be SAP certified also

Cheers,

Milt

0 Kudos

Is the Bowbridge solution installed on the Symantec server or on the SAP server? I'm a little confused as to the recommended or supported landscape here.

--Matt