cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export and Import of Communication Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can we export and Import Communication Channel ???

Thanks in advance

Jose Augastine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I forgot the import part:

after the file has been moved to the QAS or PRD XI import directory(if transporting using file system) you can import it (tools->import configuration object), then you have to fill the missing fields, specific of your landscape (e.g. FTP destination host) and activate the changes.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Thanks 4 the reply. Can i save the communication channel details in a file and that can be imported in a different system ( for eg i downloaded message mapping details .xim file and used the same in another system )

Regards,

Jose Augastine

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think this is possible. When you migrate the ID objects from one evironmentto another, the Parameters will not be migrated.

FOr eg : FIle adapter, the directory and filename will not be migrated. But, if you have content conversion parameters these will be migrated. Only details which are specific to the technical routing of messages will not be passed on and has to be filled manually.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

why are you doing this?

For example if you use an RFC sender CC in the DEV environment you will receive the RFC call from the R3 DEV system, instead in the QAS environment you should configure the CC to receive the call from the QAS R3, filling the CC parameters with the QAS R3 hostname and sapgw.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

How can i download Content Conversion parameters into a file which i can use later (for future reference)

Thanks and regards,

Jose Augastine

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try this ..

open the adapter in read mode (not edit mode)

go to the CC parameters, press shift and select all the req. fields, then CNRLC & CNTLV onto a notepad (works only for the space where we enter name and value say xml.fieldNames etc)

Message was edited by: Shabarish Vijayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can:

ID->Tools->export configuration objects

select the transport mode then continue

select object type individual object

click on add single object and select communication channel

Choose the one you want and it's done

Kind Regard,

Sergio

MichalKrawczyk