Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTF to PDF missing special characters

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am trying to convert OTF output (SmartForm, spool) to PDF and it works fine, except that special characters (in this case, Croatian) are not printed well. In original document (SmartForm print preview and output) everything looks fine.

I checked OSS and found some notes like

141343 PDF Conversion: Latin-2

588724 PDF conversion: incorrect special characters with Latin-2

but suggested solutions didn't help.

Is there something else that can cause this problem? Are there any ideas?

Thanks!

Regards,

Igor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

First of all, let me thank you for publishing your Design Patterns book. It is quite nice.

Since I don't have a programming background originally, design patterns was something I wondered if existed and was trying to figure them out on my own.

Good job!

Now about your problem, Is Croatian printed using ISO 8829-2?

Are you able to show them (print preview)?

Leonardo De Araujo

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Leonardo!

First of all, thank you very much for your feedback on my book! I am very happy that you liked it.

As for my problem, we are on unicode. In print preview everything is perfect. However, when converted to PDF, some (not all!) special characters are replaced with weird symbols.

Regards,

Igor

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just trying to troubleshoot here, have you tried different printer types? Same result?

I guess you have followed the SAP notes correctly right?

If you still have the problem and you are sure you've implemented/followed the notes correctly, you better open a OSS message for it. It may be a particular problem with your Unicode environment... strange...

Sorry cannot really help much.

Leonardo De Araujo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had similar problem with Slovak characters, I solved it by changing the font to Arial.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can you explain how you did it ? I have also problem with some slovak charakters.

I used this program RSTXPDF2 but it didn´t solve my problem. Maybe I used it badly.

Thank´s Marianna