cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset local MI password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that the password for the local MI user is stored into the users.dat file in encrypted format. We have now the issue that one of our users has forgotten his user password. Is there a possibility to reset the local logon password? Is there something like a super admin password that we can set or use?

Greetings,

Kai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

You can do this by setting a parametr in the MobileEngine.config file. The parameter is MobileEngine.Security.ResetLocalLogonPassword, possible values are true or false.

The user logon screen contains the pushbutton Reset Password. If the user has forgotten his or

her logon password, he or she can log on to the server using the synchronization password and set a new logon password without having to specify the old one.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...its working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

If your problem is solved I request you to close this thread and assign the appropriate points.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to close the thread and assign points, but I try it, I get the following error message:

Error:

Rewarding the message failed.

I tried it yesterday and today, both times the same error. I will try it tomorrow again.

Greetings,

Kai

Answers (0)