cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Real Time connectivity between R3(RFC) Sender and XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In my scenario i am using a RFC Sedner to get data to XI. But what i need is when i execute the program which calls the RFC Function if the XI Server is down then it should wait for some time and try again whether XI Server is up or not. Can anyone tell me how could i do this.

Previously i was just handling the connectivity to XI using OS Commands(ping) in my Abap program. But here i need whther XI Server is runningor not.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check with SAP note- 730870 , Question no 25.

Also refer this blog for Reciever RFC adapter-

/people/community.user/blog/2006/09/21/xi-rfcadapter-reconnect-issue

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this can be achieved on XI Adapter, If i understand right your scenario is RFC to XI and you will be using RFC sender adapter, adn this in turn would use a registerd program. you can set up the RFC adapter to accept for retry. check with your basis.

thanxk,

Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone to help me in this.....

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a thought am not sure how this works..

Try to make a HTTP call to the integration server of XI and see if the response is succesful you can proceed or wait. If XI is down the HTTP call to the integration server will give you a return code like page not found or something so that you can use that to identy if the server is up or down.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for the reply...

I am just trying on that.. Mean while if u get any other ideas please let me know......

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In RFC, when you perform CALL FUNCTION func DESTINATION dest you can have sysubrc assuming two values, besides 0:

98 - communication failure, means the remote system can't be reached (probably works like your ping function);

99 - system failure, meaning that remote system was reached but could not process the message correctly.

I guess you should check for sysubrc and if it gives 98 or 99, try again.

Regards,

Henrique.