cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have our dev and qa in differnt instances but sharing the same SLD. I remember that the SLD set up is done during installation(Correct me if I am wrong). I want to make them as different SLD's for dev, qa , prod. Also if dev and qa are in the same SLD, how are the transports done? Is it requried to re-create business systems for QA?

-AR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue... did you manage to resolve this?

Cheers

Manish

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you maintain 3 SLDs, you'll have the extra effort to transport the SLD configuration from dev to qa and prod too. So just keep it simple.

Problem is that, when in the client's site, almost always they have only dev system ready at the kick-off period, and will get prod system ready way after that. Since you do need SLD info b4 that, for Product/SWCV maintenance and configuration in Integration Directory, you'll have to use SLD in dev system... And connecting PRD to Dev SLD is not recommended at all. Then you end up having two or three SLDs...

Real life issues, they suck...

Regards,

Henrique.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>> I want to make them as different SLD's for dev, qa

don't do that - SAP strongly recommends only one SLD

(for tranports etc.)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal for the reply. But I am a little confused here. By one SLD do you mean one for dev, qa and prod? In that case how are the tranports done?

-AR

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

one = only PRD SDL (to which you connect DEV and QAT XI)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can have one SLD (prod) and then can have diff integration servers (1 for dev, qa and prod) and create business systems accordingly for each IS( business system A for dev would correspond to business system a_qa for qa, etc. And the transport of IR and ID objects would be file export/import between dev->qa and dev->prod?

Appreciate if you could clarify on this.

-AR

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>I can have one SLD (prod) and then can have diff integration servers (1 for dev, qa and prod) and create business systems accordingly for each IS( business system A for dev would correspond to business system a_qa for qa, etc.</i>

This is exactly what is done when you have a single SLD.

<i>And the transport of IR and ID objects would be file export/import between dev->qa and dev->prod?</i>

Correctonce again. You wil need to create the Transport Targets for your source and target business systems so that the ID objects can also be migrated.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to import my directory objects into my test system I get the error “No business system found on the application server (xyz, 12 ) for client 001”. But I never use client 001 and all the transport targets have been set. What could be the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any suggesions please..I refershed cache in the QA and it looks good. If I right click on the objects in the QA and I can see all business systems (Dev and QA as we have 1 SLD). But when I try to import the config objects into the QA system I get the error no business systems found. I have set the tranport targets for Dev and qa ..Any help is appreciated..

-AR

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No Business systems found error may be because of Transport Target setup for the Business System.

Anyway check it again in the SLD for the Business system in Dev and QA

Also check SAP note-764176, 720717

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..But we do not use client 001 but client 800 as our dev integration server. This client 800 dev integration server has been mapped as a transport target into the test integration server. But when I try to import into the test system it is lookign for client 001 ..Why is that? May be should I re-export and re-transport it??

-AR

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably re-import and re-export will solve this problem. Try out

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still no luck. Our dev integration server is pointing to QA client 800 integration server. But while importing the directory objects, it still throws the error of business systems not assigned to QA client 001 whereas our QA client is 800.

Any ideas is appreciated.

AR