cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

i need a scenario where i have 10 messages in xi server folder process it through several steps collect it as a single message.

the scenario is as follows.

receive step : collects the message

block step : default in properties

switch : based on the document type different branches of switch performs different transformation but they have the same source and target structure, what differs is the mapping program.

transformations : for branches of switch.

....end of switch

container operation : appends different messages from targets of transformations, this is a multiline container .... end of block

transformation step : to bundle all the messages from

multiline container into single message

send step : to send the message.

problem is that i am getting six files as my output, i think there is a problem with my beggining receive step. do i need to place it in a loop, if i tried to place the entire block in loop its asking for correlation i dont have or need any correlation.

please check the link to find scenario i used

http://www.mediamax.com/krishnamrajun/Links/28103F53C4

thanks,

raju N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you need to process more than one file in a single BPM, you need to use more than one receive step, or receive step in a Loop.

And also, i cant understand how is it possible to append the output of switch steps in a single container operation. Usually one need to iterate through the messages in order to append it as a single message.

Clearing these will clear your scenario.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello venkataramanan,

its right that i have to use the recive step in loop but its asking me for corrlelation how should i avoid it.

container operation i am using is a multi line container as my target which will append messages from the transformation. and after the block is finished it will bundle them using transformation and send it out.

thanks,

raju N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raju,

Is all your messages of same Message Type then you can use loop, and you cannot avoid correlation in that case. Atleast u should have a single field, to define a correlation.

If the messages are not of the same type then, you need to have multiple receive step in a fork step.

And also you need to have your switch and container operations within this loop step. Only the last Transformation and send will be outside the loop/

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello venkat,

i am trying to follow the same scenario you spoke about, i am not getting how to suspend the loop. can you suggest me something. the loop should terminate after receiving all the messages in my folder.

thanks,

raju N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

You can give end condition for the loop.

Create a simple integer variable in BPM.

If you know the number of files to be received, give that number as a end condition on the Right hand side and give the integer variable on the left hand side.

You increment that variable in a container element within the loop.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello venkat,

what you said is really good but my problem is that i dont know the number of file, i am trying to sort this out may be there should be some other alternative.

thanks,

raju N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>>i dont know the number of file

How XI can know that? How do you determine that all files are received, any field in your msg to indicate that??

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello shankar,

lets suppose i now the number of files, i followed what venkat had said. but i still have the problem, please find the screen shot from the link below and can you suggest me with better design,

i hope you can understand my scenario

http://www.mediamax.com/krishnamrajun/Links/28103F53C4

thanks

raju N

Message was edited by: Raju N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Can you tell me the need to have different transformation. I am asking you this coz, your source and target structure for all msgs are the same. So I suggest you to have a single mapping (u can use some if conditions to achieve that).

In that case have a loop with condition some counter variable not equal to no. of files. With in the loop increment the counter and a receive step and a transformation step and finally a container to add the transformed msgs to a multi line container.

Outside the loop, a transformation step and a send step to send the msg to target.

If you cant avoid different transformations, then you can have the switch and transformations inside the loop( after receive step).

Let me know if you can handle your scenario this way..

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sankar,

please follow the link to download this document which consits of my scenario

http://www.mediamax.com/krishnamrajun/Links/A2D3465EF9

thanks

raju N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

What is the SP level you are in? I am on SP09 and facing problems with BPM.

Click on the PE near the red flag to get into SXMB_MONI_BPE. There you can have the error details. Also what is the error category you are getting in SXMB_MONI?

Regards,

Jai Shankar.