cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI to be called by an R3 instance but 3 different client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, anybody has experiment with calling 1 XI (XI development) by 3 different client of R3 (but with the same instance / system number).

I have tried creating 3 different business system in SLD using only one Technical system but it does not work. Anybody have any idea? All advices and inputs would be very appreciated. Thanks guys.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it should be possible.

Did you add entried in the technical system for your multiple clients?

Also, you need to create a separate business system for each client of your R3 system . We have done this and if you have created the Technical System with entreid for each client / logical system, it will surely be possible.

While creating the RFC destination in XI, you will have 3 RFC destinations , one for each Client.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you very much for the inputs.

In Technical system, i have already added the 3 clients.

- One think that i'm not sure is what is 'entried'?

- How should i add RFC destination in XI? (or is it in the R3 via SM59?) Via SM59, i have already have 3 different destinations.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are trying to send the IDOC from XI to the R3 system, then you will need the RFC destination in SM59 in XI. And this should be created for every client of the r3 system.

The client details are given under Log On Data in the RFC destination.

In the case of R3 , as you have multiple Clients, you wil have one RFC destination on each client pointing to your XI box. The details in all 3 will be the same, but, remember one on each R3 Client.

If you have done the Adding of Clients to the Tech SYstem, create the Business System as WEB AS ABAP for each R3 client. While creating the Business System, you wil select the Technical System and then Select the CLient / logical system of the R3 system . The business systems have a 1:1 relationship with the Clients of the r3 system.

If you have also done this, then can you please elaborate what the issue you are facing is?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I think I've done all the things you have mentioned. The problem i think because the 3 clients are crossed clients. Which is in SM59 i must specify 3 destination but with different program id, however the sap gateway is all the same.

The problem is i can't invoke / call the XI from all the 3 clients. Only 2 of them are working. When i invoke XI from the 3rd client, it does not coming to XI at all (it does not show up in the SXMB_MONI at all).

NB: For your info, I am sending data via RFC to XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Made,

Please check sm58 maybe there you find something. Make a test on all your rfc destinations in sm59.

regards,

wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked all the RFC destinations from the SM59.

Btw, SM59 destination will depend on the RFC adapter that we specified in Communication Channel in XI right? (using Active or Inactive drop down box in comm channel)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it depend on CC. You can try to activate and than deactivate corresponding CC.

regards,

wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you for all the inputs...

I still not able to find what is wrong with my scenario. Do I have to use different program id for each destination in SM59?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Made,

I managed to build the same scenario.

For this I had to create two TCP/IP channels on SM59 and each client is using it's own channel.

I'm having this problem: I can't connect more than 2 clients from the same ambient to XI.

I'm receiving the following error:

CPI-C-Fehlertext: "call to messaging system failed:

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException:

XIServer:CO_TXT_OUTBINDING_NOT_FOUND:"

Does anyone know how is possible to fix this?

Regards,

Marco Enes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For each of them should be different communication channel with different program id if you are registering on the same gateway.

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojciech,

Did that. It's working with three clients now! Thanks!

Regards,

Marco Enes

Answers (0)