cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while Deploying WebDynpro application-error:java.rmi.RemoteExceptio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i installed WAS 6.40 sp 16 on my system its working fine. I can able to log in to the SDM as remoteGUI.bat using my sdm password.But while deploying the webdynpro appliation i am getting error like "java.rmi.RemoteException: Only Administrators have the right to perform this operation".

Using my administrator PWD i can log in to all the systems like Useradmin, SDM, J2E engine.

can any one help me....thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i also had the same problem, i am able to log into SDM GUI through Remotegui.bat

but even though i had changed the password i am not able to deploy the applicaton to j2ee sever, through the NWDS. I tried deploying the applicaton in the

GUI of SDM there also it is giving like "Only Administrators have the right to perform this operation".

How to go to User Administration and where?is it in OS level or in Web AS Admin console?

Adding user admin (default password is also admin) to the Administrators group,

Go to: User Administration --> Groups and search for Administrators.

Then add user with ID admin in this group

Former Member
0 Kudos

First You have to login <u>into the portal</u> (with sufficient admin rights).

Then click <b>User Administration</b> --> <b>Groups</b> ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Carik it works fine,

Ranjeet0702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Either make the user as administrator else do some post installation activities.... regarding access rights to different portal components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem.

After adding user <b>admin</b> (default password is also admin) to the <u>Administrators</u> group, my problem was solved.

Go to: <b>User Administration</b> --> <b>Groups</b> and search for <i>Administrators</i>.

Then add user with ID <i>admin</i> in this group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

H. Cakir

I had the same issue, your reply solved the problem..

Thanks,

BM