cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Transaction - Action Box

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a follow on function in an action box for transaction IW51 - Create Service Notification. I want to create the Notification first and then trigger the follow on function to create a sales order for me.

I can create the notification remotely using Call Transaction, but now I dont know how to trigger the follow on function remotely.

Anyone come across the situation before?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

You can follow the configuration for the standard notification type 'S1' to understand how it works. Following are the steps:

Step1 -> Setup the action box

IMG -> Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Maintenance & Service Processing -> Notification Processing -> Additional functions -> Define action box -> F8 -> Define Follow-Up Functions (Generated Tasks/Activities) -> Choose 'S1' -> Click on Activities ->

This is where you need to define your Action Box -> Each Action box has a function code and a sort number -> Select 0050 'Repair Order' and click on Details (magnify button) -> Here you can see the detailed setup -> The FM QM06_FM_TASK_RMA_ORDER_CREATE is the one which does all the activity when u click on the 'Repair Order' action box in IW51/52 (Note the Code Group = 'QM-G1')

To create an order, you need a follow-up action which is setup as below.

Step2 -> Setup follow-up action

IMG -> Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Maintenance & Service Processing -> Notification Processing -> Additional functions -> Define Follow-up action for Tasks -> F8 -> Define follow-up actions -> Choose 'REP_ORD' -> Click on Function Modules ->

The FM QM06_RMA_ORDER_CREATE is the one that actually creates the Order and links it to the Service Notification.

Step3 -> Update the Notification Catalog

IMG -> Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Maintenance & Service Processing -> Notification Creation -> Notification Content -> Maintain Catalogs -> Edit Catalogs -> Catalog = '2' (Tasks), Code Group = ' * ' -> Choose Code Group = 'QM-G1' -> Click on Codes ->

Here you can see that the Function Code created in step1 and the follow-up action created in step2 have been assigned to the Code Group QM-G1.

If you want to enhance the Action Box to a) add new fields on the action box screen, b) add business logic, etc, then you need to:

i) create a copy of the function group QM06 and a copy of the above FMs

ii) enhance the FMs with the required business logic

iii) FM QM06_FM_TASK_RMA_ORDER_CREATE contains the screens, so enhance it to change the action box screen

iv) Assign the enhanced Z FMs to customizing in above steps (1) & (2).

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Vicky