cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS - Import types

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question about the Netweaver Developer Studio which is hopefully apprpriate here- I didn't see a better forum for this question...

I have 2 systems with NWDS installed- my laptop and a desktop system. For some reason the leptop is only showing 2 options for importing no matter what perspective is open- Development Components and Multiple Existing Projects. My other machine lists approx 10-15 import options from Dev Components through Zip file. I tried to do a full un-install of NWDS on my laptop and still have the same input options listed. Anyone know what controls what type of imports can be done? I was sure a full uninstall and re-install would correct this but it didn't seem to have any effect. I have made no changes via the menus to any preferences that I can remember.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dana,

I am facing exactly same problem. Can you please let me know how your issue was sorted out.

Kind Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Gaurav,

I am also facing similar issue.

Can you please let me know how did you resolve by looking at this file com.sap.ide.eclipse.import stored in C:\Program Files\SAP\JDT\eclipse\plugins directory?

Have you downloaded and overwrite the existing file?

Best Regards,

Isvarya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the <workspace folder>/.metadata/.log file for errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not a problem with an import of a project that I did- the problem is that when I select File, Import I only see the 2 options available to import- I am missing options like "From Zip File" "From file system" and "Existing project". Any idea where these options are controlled?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe there's an error occuring during startup of NWDS that causes this, therefore check the .log file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dana Boisvert,

I am also facing the same problem NWDI >File>Import types are not displayed. Please send me the mail how you solve that problem.Urgently i need it.

Thanx in Advance,

Bhavani.