Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of SAP scrips to Smart forms in 4.6 C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

This is Raghav from Bangalore.

I am very new to this SAP SDN community.

A very big "Hi" to every one on this community.

I am currently working on scripts and about to start work on smart forms.

Can anyone of you send me the step by step procedure on how to convert an existing script to smart form and also on how to incorporate the print program logic into the smart form.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

In the print program you would be having open_form and write_form, which you have to comment and call the function module 'SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME' to invoke the smartform. I hope you know how to call a smartform. But sometimes the open_form and write_form which you shall comment will be refered in other programs as well. So when you do that see that it doesnt effect other programs. The best way is to call the above mentioned FM and debug the program and you shall know which statements from the print program are to be commented out.

Regards,

Sujin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to the people who has replied to my query.

However, I already know how to migrate script to smart form.

The unknown part is, how could the print program logic incorporated into smartform.

What are the steps to be followed?

Please provide me a detailed document on the entire process from migration script to issuing the output using the newly created smart form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

1. You can migrate a SAPscript form into a Smart Form and convert a SAPscript style into a Smart Style.

When converting a SAPscript style into a Smart Style, the system converts all paragraph and character formats with all their properties and attributes without any changes. Thus you can use the converted Smart Style without making any adaptations.

2. When migrating a SAPscript form into a Smart Form, the system executes the following steps:

-> It copies the language attributes and the output options.

-> It migrates the layout information including pages, windows, and their attributes and positions on the page.

-> It copies the texts in the form.

-> It displays the fields (SAPscript notation: program symbols) in the texts.

-> It converts the SAPscript commands (such as NEW-PAGE or IF…ENDIF) to comment lines and displays them in the texts

3: You can do Mass Migration of SAPscript Forms:

-> In Reporting select the program SF_MIGRATE and execute it.

-> Select the names and the language of the SAPscript forms and choose Execute. The system creates the Smart Forms under the names of the SAPscript forms plus the extension _SF.

->It displays a list of the migrated forms.

To change and adapt a form, go to transaction SMARTFORMS . Then activate the changed Smart Form

Regards,

Bhavana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavana,

Thanks for the reply.

However, I know the first part in the total script to smart form conversion i.e migration of script to smart form. Hoever, I would like to know how the print program should be incorporated inot smart form.

Plese send me a detailed documentation if yu have any.

Thanks in advance.

Raghav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To convert SAp script into smart forms..

follow the steps

Goto smartforms>utilities>migration-->import sap script.

it will convert sap script into smartform

if helpful

reward me points

Regs

Manas Ranjan Panda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manas Ranjan Panda ,

i have tried to convert sap script to smart forms as u said that

Goto smartforms>utilities>migration-->import sap script.(script name is medruck),

i tried to activate that smart from then i saw the log (error messages) file showing that

ITEM_SAMMELART Field "EKPO-EMATN" is unknown. It is neither in one of the specified tables nor defined by a "DATA" statement . . . . . . . . .

like that somany errors and warnings,

if u known,can u plz help me in this ?

thanks & regards,

seshu.

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav

Welcome to SDN

The first thing it's easy:

Trx SMARTFORMS: Utilities->Migrate Sapscript Form

In this way the system'll create a smartform based on the original SAPSCRIPT, but it can only generate the sapscript parts: Text Element, Windows, pages .......

So the second thing can be very hard because all abap code have to be inserted in Smartform by yourself.

Max