Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unix and XI...Query

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to know how I can Interface with an Unix System.

The Business Case is that there is a Unix system which captures some Inventory data and then at the end of Half day they Download the data in EXCEL and do a BDC upload...

How can XI be of help....Any suggestions....We can use a File Adapter and then Upload the Files and do a Mapping to the IDOC or an RFC call...

Can some one tell me whether reading Files from an Unix System can be of any Problem or what should be kept in mind while Reading those Files....

Thanking in Anticipation..

Best Regards

Chakra and Somnath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

I assume you are running XI on a Windows platform for this to be an issue. Using the XI file adapter, you have several options:

1) make the file on the Unix box available via ftp, and have the XI file adapter pull the file via ftp

2) enable Samba on the Unix box and create a network drive on your Windows server that allows access to the file

3) enable NFS on your Windows server (via something like Hummingbird Exceed) and NFS mount the Unix file system

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

A FTP server can be hosted on the UNIX system and the communication channel can be configured to read file from the system where the FTP server is hosted by giving the logon and ip details and as mentioned in the earlier post set the permission of the folder to '777' for the user.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As long as XI has the access to the shared folder where the files will be available there will be no issue. Make sure that XI has 777 access rights on this folder and it should work fine.

Regards,

Bhavesh