cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target directory path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to change the target directory, in the receiver communication channel to an external server and I am not getting any output file. But I can create the output file to the same XI server.

Have any one come across issue like this?

This is what I tried:

//Externalservername/sharename/foldername. (did not work)

//XIserver/Sharename/foldername. ( works ).

Regards,

N.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you run the scenario specifying the non working file path in the communicational channel, the adapter should fail because the adapter engine fails posting the file and you should see something in the RWB component and/or message monitor.

Regards,

Sergio

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Make sure that Target System in your XI landscape. i,.e it should be accessibel from XI server.

Also, if it is accessible from XI server, you can either do Map NetWork drive to go with Relatvie path in the Adapter channel configuration or use IP address for the same.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

Thanks for the help again. I am sending the file to a share name in the R/3 server. This R/3 is already in the XI SLD. I have tried the UNC and IP. The share name full access for everyone.

Can you think of anything else?

Regards,

N.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayanan,

what about the adapter status in rwb?

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's green and no problem sending the file to a share name in the XI server. Problem in sending the file to the external server via servername or the IPAdress.

N.S

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Try using the IP addreess instead of the servername

2. Make sure the servername entry is made in the host file

3. Make sure that the Server can be accesed from XI and XI has read , wrtie permisssion on the folder.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayanan,

what's the status of the adapter in RWB when you use the not working path?

If you check that you will also have an idea of the problem

maybe it's a problem of wrong FTP user id/password.

Kind Regards,

Sergio