cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate remote access, How?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'am newer in SAP interoperativity with .NET.

Right now I'm already using .NET connector 2, OK installed and OK worked the samples.

My goal is to send FI documents (assets), using .NET Conn. I'm not sure if it will be better an IDOC or a RFC or a BAPI: I'm yet looking the right function module!!.

My question right now is, how can I activate or de-activate the remote access from f.ex. RFC_CUSTOMER_GET?

Thanks in advance,

Joan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joan,

1) First of all I would like to give an overview of BAPIs and IDOCs.

ALE & IDOC

ALE is a functionality that links applications on different SAP systems.

ALE uses IDocs (Intermediate Documents) to exchange data between logical systems. An IDoc is a container for exchanging data between R/3, R/2 and non-SAP systems. IDocs can also be used for the initial data load.

IDocs are data packets that are always structured according to the same schema: the actual application data is located in segment fields. The various processing steps are recorded in the IDoc status information on the SAP side. An administration section provides information on the structure and version of the IDoc and also identifies it uniquely. IDocs are stored in R/3 database tables.

During inbound processing, process codes are executed. A function module is assigned to each of these process codes which posts the application data contained in the IDoc. It is also possible to use BAPIs to post the IDoc.

IDOCs and BAPIs

To post an IDoc to the application, BAPIs which are standardized function modules programmed according to defined rules can be used instead of ‚normal‘ function modules assigned to the process code. Thus, advantages of ALE/IDoc processing are combined with the advantages of BAPIs.

Up to now, BAPIs are not available for all message types.

Retail article master is posted using the method Clone (which is a BAPI) of the business object RetailMaterial.

2) I don't know if you'll use some EAI Application (XI or Biztalk, for example), but for all integration model you'll need to check:

x Performance;

x Monitoring;

x Restart Capability;

x Load Distribution;

x Overload Control;

x Support.

The ALE / IDOC is the only way that is recommended for SAP for all points above.

3) I don't know if I understood your question regarding "Activate or De-activate" the remote access from some function. All the standard BAPIs or RFC functions was already implemented to local or remote access. If I understood your question, you could not change one standard function that doesn't allow a remote acces without some modification at the standard code.

Hope that this information could be helpful and if you've some questions please fell free to contact me.

Regards,

Gustavo Kauffman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo,

Our system is in production and we are using BC and ALE/IDOC interface as you suggested.

What I'm trying to do is programming a winforms app. in .NET (C#, V.Studio) to issue a suplier service invoice as a FI document (F-43).

In order to get that I've just begin to test and learn the use of .NET Connector 2. Then, just when testing against the DEVELOPER system, all runs OK, but when switching against PRODUCTION system, no answer is received.

I'm suposing that there's some activation needed in production to get the remote access used by .NET Connector, sure. That's what I meant when I said activate-deactivate.

Thanks a lot Gustavo,

joan

Answers (0)