cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two R/3 Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have two R/3 Systems and both of them are different Versions.

We are going to send PO & Time Sheets from these R/3 Systems to our Suppliers. The PO IDOC Structure are different in these two systems. The Time Sheets structure also different.

What are all the Design Principles that we have to follow in SLD, Repository and in Directory. I need to design a Best and effective design.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

also take a look at this thread:

Regards,

Sergio

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

Kindly check whethere the source PO IDOC Structure and target PO IDOC Structure are same, If so you can go for direct Mapping, If not go for Mapping to make the to the Target one. This is one of the simple and efficient way of doing to my knowledge, This kind of Scenerio a Year before i have did it and sucessfull.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jenni,

For info on how the IR should be created and your SWCV's in the SLD for this, take a look at this blog,

/people/thorsten.nordholmsbirk/blog/2006/07/25/structuring-integration-repository-content--part-1-software-component-versions

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jenni,

There are 2 options ~~

1. Use Proxies if your WAS >= 6.20

2. use IDOC's.

As mentioned in your earlier post, you can use Standrad as well as Extended IDOC.

As your source and target Idoc are different in the case of PO, you would need a message mapping to make the Strucutre Mapping from one IDoc fromat to another.

In the case of TimeSheet IDOC's if the source and target strcuture are similar and they use the same IDOC type, and you do not need any special requirements, then you do not need any message mapping.

Regards,

Bhavesh