cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile--XI--R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please guide me how to go ahead and implement the schenario.

A user will send SMS to a predefined number. XI receives the details and finally gets the data from R/3 and finally send as a sms to the user.

I have searched forum and found out that for sending sms from XI we can use web services that are already available for free.

But to receive sms?? Do we need to have a sms gateway?

If so how does the interaction happen between the gateway and XI?

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>But to receive sms??

have a look at this page:

http://www.developershome.com/sms/freeLibForSMS.asp

Regards,

michal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts...

As mentioned by Rahul in the first entry..for sending sms from XI we can use web services that are already available for free.Can anyone please guide me how to achieve this.which web services are used for this purpose?

Thanks in advance

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I am not too sure but i think there are a few ways by which you can receive sms.

Get a SMS Gateway installed, nothing but a software and a modem with a SIM card, or the cheapest way is contact any mobile service provider like Airtel, get a number from them.

Ask them that whenever a sms is received in that number they would forward the details to a email id. YOu can read the mail from your mailbox and get the details from R/3 using XI. and finally send a sms back to the user.

for sending we can send sms using free webservice or we can also send sms using +91MobileNumber@airtel.com or you have to confirm the @airtel.com part from the respective service provider.

Now again another problem in this case..how do you see if it should be @airtel.com or @hutch.com or whtever..

I am not too sure about that myself..

Regards,

Sumit

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is pretty interesting let me also add few ideas of mine. Actually I was also thinking of doing a PoC long time back out of my own interest.

There are many ways actually you can achieve this.

1. Most of the mobile service providers can route the SMS arriving to a number to their respective mail IDs. Like 988xxxxxxx@serviceprovider.com. All you have to do is Configure this in your outlook and read using Sender mail adapter.

2. There are lots of SMS libraries available in the net. Some of the are Oxygen SMS Server, Nokia Data Suite, etc.. Almost all the mobile brands have their APIs/Librairies.

What you have to do is install the software/driver/api in your system or some dedicated system. You can connect a Mibile phone to the system comm port(any port that mobile supports). Connect your mobile to the system and any call are message received to that mobile will be captured. For example in the case of Oxygen SMS it uses MS SQL/MS Access to store those data. You can always use JDBC adapter to read those and do the further processing.

3. You can use anyof the SMS gateway service provided by many ASP's like www.winsms.com .

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Prakash

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>A user will send SMS to a predefined number. XI receives the details</i>

>>>>

i am quite not sure how this can be done. (<i>watching this thread to get more info</i>)

<i>and finally gets the data from R/3 and finally send as a sms to the user.</i>

>>>>>

I guess there are lot of free webservices that can help you here.