Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Edifact Message Definition import in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I analyse the following problem :

I already import a Edifact message Definition in XI and I used it for a mapping object definition.

Now a modification has been executed in edifact message structure definition. If I want import the new .xsd definition in XI, the mapping definition will remain and I have just to executed the mapping for new message fields or the mapping will completely delete?

Thank's

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a Data Type is changed and this is used as a Target Message Type within the existing Message Mapping, the existing mappings are retained. However when the Data Type is used as a Source Message Type within the existing Message mapping, the mappings are lost and need to be redone.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can just import your new XSD into XI and again select your new XSD in message mapping and do nessesary mapping with the new structure.No need to delete the mapping.

Sekhar

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can reimport the XSD under ur External Definition. Just open the mapping once again and check if the changes are reflected. If the changes in XSD are like adding few fields or changing the type are all fine you will not have have any problems in the mapping. I mean your mapping will remain as it is and you can just carry on with the remaining mapping. But if the changes in XSD are like the namespaces of the whole XSD or there is change in the levels of the node the mapping for that particular nodes will be lost and you need to carry out the mapping again.

Thanks,

Prakash

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mattia,

You need to do the mapping again.

Regards.

Praveen