cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing the File sender from local computer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I know that this is a very low level question. I am working on a File-XI-IDOC interface. I wanted to keep the file on my computer. How to set the file adapter sender which can pick up the file from my machine.

I have downloaded WS-FTP Server on my machine and given my computer's IP address in the file sender communication channel. Where to keep the file so that XI can pick it up?

Please help.

Thanks

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in your case you should implememt FTP and not NFS. There are lot of FTP for free downloads. Do install any of them(in my weblog i have used GuildFTP). then verify the weblog (bhavesh has mentioned the link) to find where you need to put the file. Also take care that you have given the read/write rights to the folder which will be polled by the Adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

I have installed Guild FTP tool on my machine and placed the file in the root directory as per your blog. My file is not being picked up by XI at all. When I checked in adapter monitoring it says, the connection timed out. The following is the message I am getting.

Sender Adapter v2727 for Party '', Service 'BS_KSV_CM':

Configured at 2006-10-10 18:57:56 CEST

History:

- 2006-10-10 20:08:00 CEST: Processing started

- 2006-10-10 20:07:18 CEST: Error: Error connecting to ftp server '10.197.97.20': ConnectException: Connection timed out

- 2006-10-10 20:01:00 CEST: Processing started

- 2006-10-10 20:00:18 CEST: Error: Error connecting to ftp server '10.197.97.20': ConnectException: Connection timed out

- 2006-10-10 19:54:00 CEST: Processing started

Earlier I don't see this error even though I don't have FTP Server running on machine.

Please help me how to resolve this issue. Is it firewall not allowing it to connect?

Thanks

Kalyan

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the error is XI is not able to connect the ftp server. Check pinging the ftp server from XI server.

Have look into this SAP note- 821267

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyana,

Pls check the following:

1) Your IP address is right.

2) The option <b>'Allow Logins'</b> in GuildFTP server is checked, or else nothing can connect to the server. In Guild FTP server check <b>ADMIN -> Allow Logins</b>.

And then try connecting to it.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

It didn't work with the Allow logins either.

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kp,

I cannot ping from the XI server as I have no access to it. Can I some how ping it from XI RWB?

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Try to turn off your firewall. The simplest solution ;).

regards,

wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojciech,

You mean the fire wall on my machine? I will try that.

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes your firewall. If you are using windows xp and you are not able to turn it of try to go to services.msc and stop firewall service.

regards,

wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi wojtek

It worked finally after I stopped the windows fire wall in the services.

Thanks for the great help.

Kalyan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Use a Free FTP server like Guild FTP installed on the local machine and put the file in the upload directory.

Regards.

Praveen

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can think of two ways of doing it.

1. By NFS in File adapter. You need to do the corresponding OS level persmission to the XI user that is communicating.

2. FTP in file adapter. This is the simplest way of doing it. You just need to install a FTP server in your local desktop and share a folder thru the FTP application. You can go for GoldenFTP, CuteFTP.

Thanks,

Prakash

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this blog by Shabrish,

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Regards,

Bhavesh