cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sun app server to WAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I need to migrate an application that was deployed over Sun Java Application Server to WAS. I have the .war files, and I created an EAR Project containing them, as they are 4 applications (each .war is an application), and a db table containing the path to the applications, for them to communicate.

How will the WAS recognise that certain resource is inside one of the .war files? Is this strategy correct or should I migrate it having the sources of the project?

Thanks a lot, and any help or even things to keep in mind, or other data will be great to receive!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fran,

first of all I'd recommend to install the migration plugins. In later SPs those are already in the studio, you can check this with the eclipse import option. If the plugins are there you will see an j2ee migration option.

Otherwise you can download them from SDN https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/java?rid=/webcontent/uuid/e081a4b6-0801-0010-7fa4-c3c7a0454815">migration [original link is broken] [original link is broken].

The migration tool does not have a specific migrator for sun, although three other servers are mentioned. However, try one of those as web projects are pretty the same in every system. To my knowledge the tool checks for needed classes in the project and imports everything.

If this does not happen (e.g. if the files are not in the project afterwards) use the following procedure:

- open a library project and insert your files there.

- open the web moduleproject and make the lib project known to it ba activating it in the properties of the project.

That should work.

Regards,

Benny

Answers (0)