cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Disaster Recovery Test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day

I am planning a disaster recovery test, I am going to install a new server with a differente IP and hostname, but with the same SID, I am concerned about having two sap servers with the same SID. Could there be any problem? This will be only for a small period of time until they check the new server is done.

Also I thought that maybe do an standalone installation, for the disaster recovery test, but the old server will be replace with the new one.. and this will mean that I will have to include the new server in the domain.. Is there a note to include a Server in the domain??

Regards

Henry Lopez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have a DR site to be implemented. what critical files aside from datafiles and archive logs should i backup from main site and restore to the dr site? we are using BRTOOLS with a 3rd party backup software

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are running CI and DI on two separate hosts and we want them to restore both CI and DI on same host on DR server .W are going by system copy for this that is we are taking the file system copy at OS level and trying to restore on DR server.Pls suggest us whether will it work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I made the disaster recovery succesfully!!!, due to the fact that I still had running the sap server with the instance I wanted to recover, I made a installation from 0 in the new hardware, with the same SID but with differente hostname and IP address on the same domain, there was no problem because the new server didn't have any link with the rest of the servers. After the installation, I shutdown the old server, and change the IP address, and the hostname of the new server. I had to change the hostname definition in diferent file on the oracle and sap directories, and also change all the hostname definition in all the registry; the files I had to modified were, the tnsnames.ora, the listener.ora and the R/3 profiles (instance, default and start), I modified the name of the file and the definition of hostname inside it.

After all that I follow the procedure for restore of legato(backup application). when it ends, I started my DB and R3 instance and al finished OK

Henry Lopez

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Henry Lopez

plz send me the complete DR server configuration and related SAP notes and doc. , i am new to configure it

best regrads

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Cn yoou share this documentation with us as well

Thanks in anticipated

Rx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henry,

I have recently created the SAP DR server,also created DR server database as a standby database,

U can have the same sid,same ip,same hostname but it depends how u maintain u r domains....internally...

if you require the steps to configure the oracle db as a standby database then let me know.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamlesh,

We are also planning to setup SAP DR server for R/3,BIW..I would be thankful to you if u would share the document with us.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhushan Sawant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henry,

1. Look note: 96848 - Disaster recovery for SAP

2. Other SID is not problem

3. Verify that batch process not update other SAP system (BW, APO, Etc.)

4. Install "TEST" License

Good Luck

Alberto Erazo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henry,

In a disaster recovery scenario your second system will be in Standby Mode(Oracle will be mounted in 'Standby' mode) not 'Open' and you have to apply the archive logs in this scenario.

In case of disaster scenario you can open the stand by system to make it work as production system

Regards,

Cherry