cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Party and Virtual receivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know there are some forums/blogs on XI Party and virtual receiver setup but I am still confused. Here is my scenario:

SAP IDOC to B2B customer (File). So it is SAP sending an IDOC with WE20 setup as ALE#KU to XI and XI calling this customer using FTP to send the file. So it is :

SAP (IDOC/KU) --> XI --> File

I have configured this scenario and it works WITHOUT creating any PARTY. I just created a SERVICE without PARTY for the customer and it works just fine. I know the preferred recommendation is to create a party and do it that way. I thought my scenario would error saying 'Missing party and Service' but it did not. So first question is :

1> Is this Partyless commnunication scenario I have configured OK ?

Another alternative is to create a party and I did that it works OK there also. I created a Party for the external customer receiving the file. I did not create any Party for the SAP system sending the IDOC. This is very similar to the 'Wanna Party' blog. As suggested in that blog, I DID NOT create ALE#KU information in the identifiers tab in the Party. So is this needed ?

Also if I do create the ALE#KU for say customer (1234) entry I was hoping that if the IDOC is send by some other customer the scenario should fail. But it DID NOT. So what is the significance for the ALE#KU entry in the party identifier tab ?

Plz note that I did not 'select' the 'virtual receiver' checkbox in the Receiver Determination. So what is this virtual receiver used for ?

Any help will be really appreciated ..

-Thanks

Bob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

DId you check this blog- /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/08/b2b-and-the-hype-about-the-party

It talks about Virtual Recievers

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/da/7a2f41b239a831e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Moorthy!

Yes I did refer to the 'Wanna Party' blof (Blog 4379) .

Blog does suggest to define identifiers as ALE#KU but I can successfully do the same without creating that entry or even if I do create an entry with an invalid KU customer number (I was hoping in that case MONI will result in an error). But in both the cases (without ALE#KU entry) or an invalid ALE#KU entry I AM NOT getting an error and scenario is successfull.. YEs, I am trying to generate an error and A RARE question for the forum :)-

So What is the significance of ALE#KU entry ?

-Bob