cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A WDJ class (or classes) "=" WDA 'CL_WDR_ALL_IN_ONE_UIELEM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a WDJ class (or set of classes) equivalent to the WDA class <b>CL_WDR_ALL_IN_ONE_UIELEM</b>?

Also, is there a WDJ component equivalent to the WDA component <b>WDR_TEST_UI_ELEMENTS</b>?

I've looked quickly at the WDJ tutorials/samples available on-line and didn't see any, but it was a quick look and I may have missed it?

Reason I'm asking is that if the WDJ equivalents of this class and component do <b>not</b> exist, it would be a really interesting exercise to create them.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There exists in fact a generic test application for the Web Dynpro Java UI elements called "TestsuiteUUIE".

UUIE stands for "Unified User Interface Elements" and denotes the central modeling of Web Dynpro UI elements we introduced some years ago (Web Dynpro Java started already around 2001).

The key of UUIE is that we have a common meta-model and a common model for the UI element libraries. This model is persisted as meta-data XML files and is used as the source for a number of code generation tasks and as the source for the rather generic view designer in NWDS.

We generate even large parts of the runtime UI element implementation classes from these meta-data, the runtime API (like IWDTable etc.) are almost completely generated.

The TestsuiteUUIE source code is not available for "code exegesis".

Armin

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Armin -

Thanks very much for the answer.

But gee! You guys are RUINING all the fun!

What better way for a WDA developer to learn WDJ than to map the WDA component CL_WDR_TEST_UI_ELEMENTS and its supporting classes into (onto?) the TestsuiteUUIE application and whatever supporting classes it uses ????

And what do you mean "not available for code exegesis"????

I thought SAP was committed to "open source" ...

Just kidding, just kidding!!!!

Thanks very much again for the answer.

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think that the source code of this generic test application would be very useful for learning Web Dynpro Java.

It uses internal classes and interfaces not available to Web Dynpro applications, and also the UI element meta-data are not available at runtime.

To create Web Dynpro UIs programmatically one should learn the basic concepts of the Web Dynpro UI elements and the corresponding APIs.

The fact, that the UI element API is generated in a uniform way from the UI element meta-data should be helpful in understanding and using the API.

Armin

Answers (0)