cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party product - SAP Data Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client is searching the market for a suitable 3rd party product to use for SAP Data Archiving. I have looked in the SAP Partner Directory and there is 87 certified products... I have former experience with IXOS and IBM CommonStore, but both these products are very expensive.... Does anyone have a good tip for a product that does Data Archiving using Archive Link, and has a cheaper pricetag on it....

Thanks,

Anders

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anders

There is an event at SAP(UK) next month where I assume several companies will be showing the archiving solutions via a packaged solution.

7th November (AM) How to Improve SAP & System Performance with Data Archiving & Oracle database Re-Organisation SAP UK Clockhouse Place

7th November (PM) How to Manage Your OutPut Documents Efficiently with SAP Packaged Services SAP UK Clockhouse Place

http://www.sap.com/uk/altpages/directevents/071106.htm

Not sure where you are located, but I have been to these events before and they are very informative.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers Barry,

Unfortunately I need to make a decision pretty quick, so I don't have time to wait for this event.

I am located in Sweden.

Anyone else have any input on my question above?

Anders

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

I can mail you a few ideas. Can you post your e-mail address?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

anders.lorentzon@colada.se

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a couple of other products like IXOS and EMC Centra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anders,

We are going to execute a project on Data Archiving very shortly wherein the customer is using the IBM CommonStore external storage system.

Hence,it would be very kind of you if you can provide me with the neccessary documents required in the config and setup since you have prior experience of CommonStore.

My email id : bellwether2000@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anders,

Thanks a lot for the docs.They certainly are very helpful.

Regards,

Mohammad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might want to look into SAP's Content Server. Many customer's in the US are considering this option as an alternative to 3rd party storage.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/40/32104211625933e10000000a155106/content.htm

Good luck with your decision.

Jim Malfetti