cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Client Solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

We opted for the srm add-on. Now a new question raise: it is possible to use a one-client solution? I mean, srm and backend can share the same client (MANDT) or we must use 2 different clients for the 2 environments?

The SRM implementation guide ask to implement ALE to distribute messages from SRM to R3, but in a one-client solution it is not possible to build any distribution model because source and destination are the same. Is there a new implementation guide covering the add-on scenario setup?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

The add-on solution shares the same client for both systems SRM and ECC. It is true you need a distribution model. In our implementation project we defined two logical system, one for backend and other for SRM. Then we assigned the frontend logical system to the client and set the ECC systema as backend system (customizing).

You must define several RFC conections and create the distribution model.

I don't have much knowledge on this technical stuff, but check the documentation here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/index_srmaddon.htm

and master guide here:

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000065941&;

Hope this helps,

Ruben

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have a big problem during using mds_load_cockpit

when i click on product category->material group and un select backround proccess and execute the transaction i have terminated in program

Category               ABAP Programming Error
Runtime Errors         MESSAGE_TYPE_X
ABAP Program           SAPLMDS_LOAD_BRIDGES
Application Component  AP-MD-BF-SYN
Date and Time          10.06.2014 09:39:47

Short text
     The current application triggered a termination with a short dump.

What happened?
     The current application program detected a situation which really
     should not occur. Therefore, a termination with a short dump was
     triggered on purpose by the key word MESSAGE (type X).

Error analysis
     Short text of error message:

Long text of error message:

Technical information about the message:
     Message class....... "MSI_PRODCAT_CUST"
     Number.............. 303
     Variable 1.......... 1
     Variable 2.......... 432339
     Variable 3.......... " "
     Variable 4.......... " "

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

I have evaluated the work to do for vendor synchronization. you should be able to do the same for product categories...

1- First you have to activate the objects for the master data synchronisation

-> goto SM30 table : mdsv_ctrl_opt_a

you have to define which object has to be replicated in which direction.

2- Create all backend purchasing organizations in PPOMA_BBP

3- Goto SM30: table crmc_but_call_fu and activate

crm_inbound and function module bbp_ifc_inbound

crm_outbound and function module bbp_ifc_outbound

4- Goto SM30 : table v_tbc001 to define number assignment to direction BP to Vendor then vendor to BP

5- Goto transaction mds_load_cockpit to replicate the vendors

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea/Yann,

Even i have the same question on how we would manage the distibution model when the SRM System is installed as an add on with ECC. Since being on the same client here are some of the Questions. I have also opened a new thread on this.

1.) How would the distribution model be distributed when on the same client?

2.) How would the Documents flow between two different systems?

3.) In an SUS-MM scenario, how would this be handled when installed on the same client?

4.) How would material and vendor replication facilitated?

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated !!

Thanks,

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaan,

When i am replication vendor using vendor MDS_LOAD_COCKPIT . Only vendor data is replicating without relation to vendor group. And it is not replication Purchasing data from ECC.

In SRM and ERP separate scenario. We use BBPGETVD Tcode in which we give relation between vendor ,PurOrg and vendor group.

When we maintain the these relation in case of 'SRM 5.0 as an Add on with ECC 6.0' befor running Tcode MDS_LOAD_COCKPIT .?

Regards

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an issue with master data synchronization. Generally, it seems that our configuration is done completely and MM Module is integrated with SRM to transfer material groups and material types, but when we execute  T-Code MDS_LOAD_COCKPIT to replicate materials to products, some  of our products  are not be replicated and cannot be seen table comm_product.

Noticeably, our assessments indicate that the materials which are not replicated to SRM, are activated to be used in batch management processes.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

As far as i know, SRM as an addon to ECC means that ECC and SRM are in the same client.

As i said in another thread, you can ask SAP to confirm this point.

I never used this scenario due to lot of limitations thus i never try to configure it....

Kind regards,

Yann