Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID and MAM25

former_member189501
Participant
0 Kudos

Please, we are looking for informationsa bout the RFID scenario:

1)In which format (txt, xml, binary file,….) the RFID information is stored over the mobile device after the tag RFID has bee read ? Usually how much is it bigger this information ?

2)In which way the information coming from the RFID tag is made available to the MAM25 client ? Is it an automatical process or there are manual actions to be performed ?

3) The end users already have their laptop PC and they suppose to read the RFID tags with different devices connected to the laptop PC via Bluetooth or GSM.

I would like to know if exist devices to read RFID Tag like these, maybe already used by other customers.

4)The same as question 3), but referred to PDA devices. In this case probabilly the RFID module will be external to the PDA.

Are there experiences over this scenario and which devices are tested ?

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mauro,

1, i think the object com.sap.mbs.mam.rfid.bo.impl.RFIDTagImpl is used to store the data that was read from the tag, so it is only available within main-memory of the application

2, you have to click the corresponding scan-buttons available on some screens of MAM, the the reader is activated and the data is read from the RFID-tag

3, you can find a RFID-reader in form of bluetooth-pen here: http://www.microsensys.de/pens.htm

4, the pen mentioned in 3 also works with PDA's as far as I know, but there are also built-in RFID-modules for PDA's

Regards,

N. Koelbl

former_member189501
Participant
0 Kudos

thnaks for the feedback.

But so the main issue is to run the MAM over a PDA with well defined RFID equipments.

As I understood is the MAM itself that is able to activate the RFID reader and to make the data available within the MAM itself.

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

that's right, MAM itself activates the reader and handles the data.

what you need is a connector from MAM to the driver of the RFID-reader that is built into your PDA. SAP has defined an interface for that. you can read more on that topic in the thread

former_member189501
Participant
0 Kudos

Tnks for your feedback.

I read some blog on SDN about RFID, but I'm quite confused.

The blog of Mr Chen describe a scenario with XI, SCM and AII add-on (but is not using MI25/MAM as I read).

But some dubt come out in my mind.

If I want to use RFID with MAM, do I have to setup an XI and SCM system or is enought the standard MI25/MAM infrastructure composed by a Middleware Web As 640 and an R/3 system as backend ?

DO I have to install the AII add-on somewhere ?

Regards

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

the usage of aii is a completely other scenario, where you connect the aii-middleware with rfid-hardware (e.g. scanner-gates) directly. for mam, you just need your normal mobile infrasstructure and a mobile device that is connected to a rfid-reader. connection to the reader takes place within the client-application via a connector, as i mentioned.

regards,

n. koelbl