cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which to Install (SAP R/3 4.7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to Install SAP R/3 4.7 on my Home Desktop.

I will be having the Presentation, Application and Database layer on a single standalone PC.

My Config:

DB: Oracle 8.1.7

I am confused after reading the Documentation which of the following needs to be installed and in which order.

1)Central Instance

2)DB Instance

3)Dialog Instance

Is it enough if I only install <b>Central Instance</b> and proceed with DB-Export step.

Waiting for replies.

Regards,

Arun S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

U need to install Central Instance as well as Database instance. during database instance it will ask to to locate the Export files. and after that the Gui to logon.

Hope it helps

Regards

Subhash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

after installing win 2003 , first u install J2SDK and its JRE , then install Oracle 9.2.0.6 ( including Patches ) then install Central Instance first then Database instance

and Dialog instance is optional, if u have sufficient memory ( RAM ) like more than 2 GB RAM , then u can go for Dialog instance other wise it is not required

regards

Ravi Kumar Bejugam

Former Member
0 Kudos

please pay attention to the fact that 8.1.7 is not supported on Windows 2003/XP. You will need at least 9.2.0.3.0.

you will even not be able to install 8.1.7 on most newer Processors. This problem is caused by the old JRE version the Oracle Universal Installer of 8.1.7 is using.

regards

Peter