Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDN RSS not working properly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I encounter some problems with reading the forums via RSS:

- the weblogs RSS feed lists all items with "no subject" and the items themself only show the navigation frames but no content.

- all forums seem to have the same title. This makes that when retrieving the posts all gets in the same folder. It also difficult to manage the subscriptions if they have all the same title.

- I would like to see the real names of posters instead of userids.

As item in my wishlist I could like that the userid/password info would be used when one wants to reply on an RSS feed. Speaking of this. It would be more than nice that SDN would use the SAP passport technology as in the service marketplace. A synchronisation of userid and SSO between the several portals would be more than welcome. I need to login differently on the three main portals.

Eddy

I'm using Thunderbird as RSS reader.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I use FeedReader 2.7 and its working fine.

Regards

Raja

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just downloaded it and my first impression is that the weblogs issue is indeed solved.

I have been looking at the XML and see that the titles of all forum are indeed the same.

Need to wait to see for the rest.

If OK, that would mean yet another seperate app to run. I hoped that thunderbird would be a usefull all in one solution.

The wishlist remains though.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've been trying several RSS readers now and all react differently, which is rather frustrating.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abilon and BlogExpress work quite well.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I like BlogExpress very much. If the Moz guys would be able this in Thunderbird or UsableLabs would integrate an e-mail reader, I would be very happy.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BlogExpress seems always want to use the RSS feed title instead of the name I've choosen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really? I've not noticed that problem. I'm got XP SP2 and I downloaded the version from their website. Which Feeds? SDN?

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just downloaded it and got XP SP2 (Duch/English) too.

I subscribed to Weblogs, SDN suggestion, Other SDn en Web Application Server. The last three have the same title. I reneme them (F2) and to a synchronize all and the original title is back there. Then I tried to put them in a category, but no change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange mine are OK??? I have German system and at home English with German Keyboard.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm gonna drop usablelabs a mail.

This is btw the last morning @work, so happy holidays. (I'll try to read the forums frequently though).

Hope to meet you sometime next year.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you make it in April to the Developer Days in Walldorf I'm sure we'll meet.

Have a good holiday!

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since blogexpress had this problem with titles, I've switched to rssreader (www.rssreader.com) and it works rather well if you install also the latest (beta) release. The only thing is that I get only the last ten new items. Due to the time differences, there also some posts at night (in Belgium) and if they are more than ten, I loose some and I have to go to the site anyway.

Answers (0)