cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to XI, can anybody explain to me the difference between data types , message types and message interfaces in XI and how these are related to each other. Or guide me to materials for learning XI.

Regards

Narendiran Rathinavelu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this thread:

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can you please tell me the difference between Message types and data types and message interfaces

Regards

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the thread i have mentioned above.You can easily understand the difference between Datatypes and MessageTypes. To know about Message interfaces refer this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0f/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks sudheer, appreciate the help.

Regards

Narendiran Rathinavelu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

To answer ur question precisely with example:

Data type is the basic entity to define the structure of XML elements. As for example u can create a data type ADDRESS_DT with elements Street (of type String), City (of type String) and Zip (of type Integer). Nesting of data types are also possible/u can create complex type like CUSTOMER_DT with the elements firstName (of type String), lastName (of type String) and ADDRESS_DT (complex type).

Message type corresponds to the root of the XML message. Each message type reference exactly one single data type. It basically describes what the actual payload message of an XI interface looks like. As for example u can create the message type "customer" and select the "data type used" as CUSTOME_DT.

Message interface is the highest level representation of XML metadata. It could be inbound/outbound/abstract. It could be sync/async. You need to specify the 2 important attribute of a mesg interface, mode (sync/async) and direction (inbound/outbound). Abstract interfaces has mode but no direction, this is just a design time placeholder.

Thanks,

Atin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check out this thread...

sekhar