cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large file processing in file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to process a large file of ~280 MB file size and we are getting timeout errors. I followed all the required tunings for memory and heap sizes and still the problem exists. I want to know if installation of decentral adapter engine just for this large file processing might solve the problem which I doubt.

Based on my personal experience there might be a limitation of file size processing in XI may upto 100 MB with minimul mapping and no BPM.

Any comments on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I don't know if you have seen it below is the link to Michal's blog related to timeouts in XI:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

regards,

wojtek

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Steve,

This might help you,

Topic #3.42

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ada5ef-0201-0010-1f8b-c93...

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/11/28/how-robust-is-sap-exchange-infrastructure-xi

This sizing guide & the memory calculations it will be usefull for you to deal further on this issue.

http://help.sap.com/bp_bpmv130/Documentation/Planning/XISizingGuide.pdf#search=%22Message%20size%20i...

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Steve,

We had similar kind of situation ( but not so huge file ) we too faced the similar kind of issue timeout and some time no response for a long time, Then we decided to go for breaking the messages and sending in one Scenerio and in another we made the Producer (Tibico ) to break the messages and send to the SAP XI Server.

If the size of the file is Huge,Better to avoid BPM, XSLT mapping, Since it will occupy more memory.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to change parameter HTTP_TIMEOUT in SXMB_ADM?

regards,

wojtek