Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting BPM processes

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a File to Idoc Scenario. Every file launches one instances of a BPM. Each BPM instance inturn processes the file and generates multiple IDOCs. The problem arises when I place multiple files in the source folder. XI pics all of them up and launches mulitple instances of the BPM. This cause idocs to be generated from the files in a mixed order. That is, if I have two files A and B both generating 2 Idocs each. I get the Idocs in the following order:

A1

B1

A2

B2

Now this causes a problem on the R/3 side. They would be fine with any of the following orders:

A1

A2

B1

B2

or

B1

B2

A1

A2

Is there a way to limit the number of instances of the BPM to 1? or any other solution to this?

Thanks,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can think of EOIO in BPM.. try out this...It may help you..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/65ce41ae343e2be10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

I don't think EOIO will help. Because the messages/idocs are being generated in order. The problem is that the bpm instances run in parallel. Can I limit the number of instances to 1? So that the files wait, and we have only one bpm instance running at any given time.

Thanks,

Harsh

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Were you able to set the max number of BPM instances to 1?

Ifso, pls let me know as well,

Thanks,

Senthil

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos