cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 5 (Access is denied)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting Access denied error. Here is the error, please gice yoyr suggestions.

Looking for SAP system instances installed on this host...

WARNING 2006-10-08 03:42:47

Error 5 (Access is denied.

) in execution of a 'RegOpenKeyEx' function, line (67), with parameter (SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EraserUtilRebootDrv).

The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EraserUtilRebootDrv' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

The step setDefaults with step key Development_Workplace_SAPPress|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|640|0|J2

Thanx,

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Do you have admin rights?

REgards,

RIch Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have admistrator rights.I also set the host file with localhost and mahine with IP address. I also set up my MS loopback adapetr.

This is the warning i am getting.

Looking for SAP system instances installed on this host...

WARNING 2006-10-08 05:24:18

Error 5 (Access is denied.

) in execution of a 'RegOpenKeyEx' function, line (67), with parameter (SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EraserUtilRebootDrv).

The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EraserUtilRebootDrv' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

The step setDefaults with step key Development_Workplace_SAPPress|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|640|0|J2EE_SystemCopy|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|J2EE_EngineEnterpriseDialogs|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|setDefaults was executed with status ERROR.

cheers,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that there is no antivirus like Norton Antivirus if it is there then first remove it then try to install.

Hope it helps

Regards

Subhash

Answers (0)