cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering thru mobile groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I have the following doubts regarding filtering the Middleware using mobile groups. I have already raised a question about this,But Could not properly express my doubts.

The scenario is like this:

I am using a T01 type SyncBo,So there is a single replica DB for all users in the middle ware.Now The test application I am trying to do will download the data from a backend table to the middle ware.So the query condition in the getlist bapiwrapper will be like

select * from <tabel name> into <internal table>.

Assume the table contains the following two fields.1)name 2)id.Now I want to filter data from the

middlware to individual clients based on the field id.

Say

if id = 10 corresponding mobile group1 =A

id = 20 corresponding mobile group2 =B

like that.I want to put the mobile IDs for all the users in mobile group1 for whom the only the dat a where id = A is needed.Similarly for mobile group2.So that the filtered data is downloaded to the client when synchronized.

Is this feasible?One problem in this is the mobile id for an application is not generated until the application is assaigned to the client and the synchronization is done from client.In this case How can we assaign the mobile ids to a mobile group before hand?Please help in this.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veer,

Filtering Criteria is only used for restrict data and not classify/ group data.

Filtering Criteria defined as 'SyncBo Dependent' will only work for that syncBo, FC defined as 'Mobile Group dependent' will work only for the for all the users in that group only and same is the case with FC defined for 'Mobile Id'.

I understood what is want to achieve...however, it is not possible through the 'Filtering Criteria'. For that you have to pass your field as a import parameter from the client to the Getlist...and send data only based on that field back to client.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul! Thank you very much for your reply.

So you mean to say the scenario I mentioned cannot be achived using Filters in the middleware(using the mobile groups).Right?

So Should we need to need to handle it in the logic for the getList Bapi Wraper?

<<

Filtering Criteria defined as 'SyncBo Dependent' will only work for that syncBo, FC defined as 'Mobile Group dependent' will work only for the for all the users in that group only and same is the case with FC defined for 'Mobile Id'.

>>

I could not understand this quite clearly.Could you Please explain this again? But in this cas also How can we put the mobile ids in the Mobile group beacuse mobile id is not generated until the application is assaigned to the client and synchronized?

Thnaks in Advance.

Answers (0)