cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM: Multiple synchronous receivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am trying a scenario : File --> XI > RFC(Multiple Receviers)> File(single).

Can i send the message to multiple synchronous receivers using BPM. My Scenario goes like this...

1). Send file to XI.

2).Use BPM to send it to RFC(Multiple Synchronous Receivers).

3).Send this response to Asynchrounous Receiver ( Write the response to a File using time stamp. So that all the response messages can be written) .

Is it possible to do this using BPM... Ofcourse i have done a scenario for Multiple Asynchronous receivers using receiver determination and block step in BPM..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IN case of multiple receivers then you have to create multiple receiver detrmination for each receiver which detemines the interface used my the multiple receivers.

Regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already gone through those links.. But here my problem is when i use Receiver Determination in BPM there i have to mention Message, but here it allows to give only Asynchrounous interface.So what should i give here,is it request message of the Synchrounous call?? If so after the receiver determination step i am using a block(ForEach) in that block i have a send step which is synchronous. But it is not working..

Hi Jithesh,

You said i have to create multiple receiver determinations for each receviver. But at design time i don't know how many receivers will be ???

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just take a look at the SAP BASIS component -->Patterns --> BPMPatternMulticastSequential and BPMPatternMulticastParallel in your IR .

<i>So what should i give here,is it request message of the Synchrounous call??</i>

You need to create a ABS ASYNCH MESSAGE INTERFACE.

Also, you will not be making a SEND SYNCH Call . It has to be a SEND ASYNCH call with Correlation and a Corresponding Receive Step inside the block.

Take a look at the pattern in the SAP BASIS and things will be clear.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

You mean to say it is not possible to use Send Synchronous call in this case ???? U mean to say i can catch the RFC return message directly using a receive step.... or do i need to write one more rfc function to return the response message....??

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My mistake. Will try this out and get back to you.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use send synchronous call in your scenario.

The point is, there can be multiple synchrounous calls from the send step.

You would need a way to distinguish the 1st response from the second response. Therefore,we need to make use of correlation.

After the send step, we need to use a receive step(with correlation), which will receive only the response corresponding to the correct request.

Basically we are using the receive step with correlation here, to make sure that, we donot receive and process, the 2nd response(or 3rd or 4th response) for the 1st request.

You said, your scenario is not working. Where exactly are you getting the error.

Regards,

Smitha.

Message was edited by: Smitha Rao

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible with the help of BPM to send multiple synchronous messages.

Maximum try to avoid synchronous call.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sure is possible. Take a look at the multicast pattern to understand how to make a synchronous call to multiple receivers,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/11/13283fd0ca8443e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh