cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Module Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a file to file scenario. The incoming file contains Employee Details and I need to validate each record and need to reject them if they are invalid as per the business rules.

For this I know I need to create the Adapter Module Processing.

I am following the below mentioned document.

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003237612005E/HowToCreateAdapterModules.pdf

I dont have an NWDS installed, but I want to develop my java program in Eclipse? Whether it is OK to do it in Eclipse? Once I develop my Java program what exactly I need to do? How to create a Jar file in Eclipse? How to import that in XI?

Thanks.

kbjenni@hotmail.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reg your question whether to use Eclipese for developing the modules. Well , NWDS by default uses Eclipse as its JAVA Editor . SO just use NWDS and there will be no issue.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Eclipse is not only these Java editor but it is the whole framework on which is based NWDS (actually it is rebranded eclipse with some plugins) ;).

regards,

wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh, I am not clear with your answer.

Are you saying that I can use Eclipse to develop the Modules or you are saying that i need NWDS for sure?

Others: I dont want to USE message mapping period.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jenni,

Like mentioned NWDS is based on Eclipse.

You can also use ECLIPSE for developing the Adapter Module. It is not necessary that you use NWDS. Any Java Editor can be used.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciated Bhavesh.

Once I complete my Java program, how should I convert that into a JAR file? and how do I import that in to XI?

Once its been imported into XI, when the data comes in how should I pass them into the Module?

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

NWDS is based on Eclipse. SAP developed some more plug-ins with Eclipse to implement NWDS.

I would suggest you to got for NWDS.

Regards.

Praveen

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

As Bhavesh said you can use any editor to develop a adapter module, even you can use notepat to do it. Its ultimately the editors makes development simple and easy. Since you are writing a adapter module its always eays to develop using an editor provided by SAP. As most of the documents and guides will be based on it.

Regarding deployment of he adapter modules, first you need to create a JAR and then a enterprise archive file with those famous ejb-j2ee-engine.xml and ejb-jar.xml. Once you have generated your EAR (enterprise archive) file you can deploy it using SDM. Thats it your adapter module is deployed

For using it you need to goto the Module tab in the communication channel and add that module in the list.

More details can be found in the same pdf document link that you have already posted. You can see page 12 for using of modules in communcation channel.

Thanks,

Prakash

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

This topic has been already discussed in the below thread:-

In general, I will explain how to create .JAR file:-

Creating a .JAR file is easy. Go to the directory where your classes are stored and type :-

jar -cf myfile.jar *.class

(jar is the command to run the jar utility. -cf are options, where c create arhive and f specify archive file name)

Now, if you have an existing JAR file, and want to extract it, you'd type:-

jar -xf myfile.jar

Also go thro' this link for step by step procedure on simple Module Processing:-

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003237612005E/HowToCreateAdapterModules.pdf

I hope this provides you a solution.

Regards.

Praveen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is more pros than cons of doing it in mapping than in adapter. First of all you are not losing control what you are deleting, second it's easier to implement.

Regards,

wojtek

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

You can very well use Graphical Mapping to do this. Look for standard functions to achieve this.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you are not doing in graphical mapping?

regards,

wojtek