cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Invoice check in IMS SRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing one problem in SRM IMS. I am testing duplicate invoice check and have set some parameters in the "Settings for Invoice Monitor" IN SRM ITS, on which basis the Duplicate check will be carried out.

After that i created one Invoice without purchase order reference and send it for approval. On being approved by the manager it is posted to the back end.

Now again i created one invoice with same amount for same vendor( all data is same Except Invoice number(external).

Then i again sent it for approval, After getting approved the system is posting the invoice, even though it is duplicate(acc. to the parameters settings in invoice monitor). But it is not blocking that second invoice and even not raising any exception.

Please suggest the solution.

Thanks

Robin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robin,

After some debugging I think I have found the problem. You need to add message 236 for Duplicate invoices in the Define exceptions table in the IMG. After putting that one in I got it to work.

Please reward if useful

Regards,

Kristoffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

I actually get the same error now when I'm trying to recreate the problem. I was quite sure that I had got the "duplicate invoice" error but I probably haven't.

In the IMG we have not set any of the messages to inactive. The two Duplicate Invoice events that are available (message 005 and 811) have the following settings:

• by item = Not checked (It should check on header level)

• Inactive = Not checked

Regards,

Kristoffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Did you have the same Invoice Number (External) on both of them?

regards,

Kristoffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kristoffer,

Even though it has the same Invoice Number(External, it does not gives the Duplicate Exception but it shows "Other Errors" in Invoice monitor

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the Application Area specified for the Exception Duplicate Invoice under SPRO->SRM->SRM SERVER->Confirmation and Invoice Verificatio->IMS->Define Exception

Let me know the Application Area specified for the Exception Duplicate Invoice in your system

Regards

Pritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pritesh,

Do you have config steps for IMS by any chance and can you email me those to sdogiparthy@gmail.com

Thanks,

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where I have to define this IMS--> define exceptions.

We have a problem of invoices being duplicated but without any error message for the same invoice no.

I dont see any define exception tab in the SPRO --> SRM Server.

Can you explain please?

Reg.,

Sridhar.