cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Java Internationalization and backend ABAP function modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I have a requirement where I want my Web Dynpro Java application to support BRAZIL and CHINESE.

I have been through the sample programs and tutorials and I understand how to support my application in these 2 languages. The challenge I am facing is how to communicate the language to the backend code (ABAP function modules) so that the function modules can written language specific error messages and texts.

I searched SDN but could not find anything. Your help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

How u solved this issue. I am got stuck in this. Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant,

When you are configuring JCo connection in WebDynpro Content Administrator, just left language settings blank for metadata connection (you may do the same for data connection). Now WD will supply language of currently logged-in user when obtaining connection settings from system landscape and you'll get necessary functionality.

By default locale of user determined by parameter sap-locale (sap-locale=de_DE for example), settings of user's browser and lastly preferences of user stored in UME.

Btw, BRAZIL (or Portugees for this matter) is not fully supported language by SAP, so R/3 side may be not translated or partly translated.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe when you set your JCo, you need to make sure the language is the language you want it to be.

Regards,

Subramanian V.