cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer PCD objects missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an issue that I need help with. We are currently running NetWeaver portal 7.0 SP8, but not the entire EP usage type (all the components are not installed). VC was one of the components not installed to the portal Java engine. After getting approval I had the system admin install the VC components (listed below). The problem I noticed however is that the Visual Composer portal content objects (in the Visual Composer folder) were not installed. The all important VCRole is not there. Does anyone know what I need to do to get the VC portal content objects created? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

SCAs successfully installed:

VCBASE08_0-10003602.SCA

VCFLEX08_0-10003616.SCA

VCFRAMEWORK08_0-10003624.SCA

VCKITGP08_0-10003617.SCA

VCKITXX08_0-10003615.SCA

Regards,

Brian Vandehey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

It looks like you are missing a couple of things

VCKITBI08_0-10003603.SCA

WDEXTENSIONS08_0-10003618.SCA

However this should not effect the display of the objects within the portal.

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott,

Thanks for your help with this. The Web Dynpro Extensions SCA had already been depoloyed to the portal, although the BI Kit has not. I agree with you that deploying this additional component will not likely create the portal content objects that are missing.

Regarding the question about deployment, I have not. I can't even start Visual Composer due to the fact that the VCRole is missing. When I start VC I get the permission denied error because I've not been assigned to VCRole, which is missing.

Thanks.

Regards,

Brian

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The VCrole and other VC content is part of com.sap.visualcomposer.portalcontent.sda that is included in VCFRAMEWORK08_0-10003624. maybe deployment of this file was not succesul. If you redeploy this sca\sda, you should have vc conent available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gabi,

Before I could suggest this to the System Engineer he had already imported the portal trasnport that included the objects, which resolved the issue. I suspect you are correct in that the portal content SDA did not originally deploy successfully. Thank you for your help on this.

Scott: Thank you for your help also.

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Worries Brian,

Glad you got it fixed.

Cheers,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott,

Thanks for this suggestion. When I browsed the PCD from System Administration > Transport, I noticed a transport package in the Visual Composer folder on our sandbox portal system. This transport contained all the missing Visual Composer PCD objects. I exported this transport from the sandbox system and the administrator will be importing it to our development system tomorrow. I will let you know if this resolves the issue. If it does not, I will be following the steps you provided.

Thanks again for your help with this issue.

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Hmm, try redeploying all of the most recent files for all VC components.

Undeploy the VC components using the SDM tool.

Goto the SWDC --> http://service.sap.com/swdc

Click on SAP Support Packages --> Entry by Component --> Enterprise Portal

Scroll all the way to the bottom and download the following files for deployment

Visual Composer Base

VCBASE08P_1-10003602.SCA <-- Newer than what you listed before

Visual Composer Flex

VCFLEX08P_1-10003616.SCA

Visual Composer Framework

VCFRAMEWORK08P_1-10003624.SCA

Visual Composer GP Kits 7.00

VCKITGP08_0-10003617.SCA

Visual Composer XX Kits 7.00

VCKITXX08_0-10003615.SCA

Web Dynpro Extensions 7.00

WDEXTENSIONS08_0-10003618.SCA

Put these files in your EPS/in directory and use JSPM to install them.

Let me know if this works.

Cheers,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Have you built a model and deployed this yet?

Cheers,

Scott