cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help deploying ear file in WAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a few jsp, js and image files in my application that I intend deploying on the WAS. I created the ear file. When I deploy the ear file, I get the following message:

Dec 21, 2004 10:40:52 AM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Deploy Thread] WARNING:

vipsV4.ear -> Deployment finished with warning

DEPLOYMENT ...

==> SDM host : xxx

==> SDM port : 50018

==> URL : file:/C:/DOCUME1/smani/LOCALS1/Temp/temp11937YYY.ear

... PRECONDITION VIOLATED

com.sap.sdm.util.sduread.IllFormattedSduFileException: The information about the development component

found in the SDA C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\temp\temp11937YYY.ear is either missing or incomplete!

Manifest attributes are missing or have badly formatted value:

attribute keylocation is missing

attribute keyname is missing

attribute keyvendor is missing

attribute keycounter is missing

Reason:

Problems during deployment !

DEPLOYMENT ...

==> SDM host : xxx

==> SDM port : 50018

==> URL : file:/C:/DOCUME1/smani/LOCALS1/Temp/temp11937YYY.ear

... PRECONDITION VIOLATED

com.sap.sdm.util.sduread.IllFormattedSduFileException: The information about the development component

found in the SDA C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\temp\temp11937YYY.ear is either missing or incomplete!

Manifest attributes are missing or have badly formatted value:

attribute keylocation is missing

attribute keyname is missing

attribute keyvendor is missing

attribute keycounter is missing

Appreciate your help. How can I see the deployed applications in WAS. FYI, I come from a weblogic background.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Siriam,

how did you build that ear? I hope you did not just import it from weblogic and then use it from the studio. You should open new projects and import the files to the studio and thenbuild a new ear.

There is an article about prtong here at SDN: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/porting a j2ee application to sap web application server.pdf

Please check there for details.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct. I created a new project in the studio and then created the war and ear files and then deployed it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could successfully create and deploy a test application.