cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our XI server is based on SP09 and they are planning to migrate to SP17. But the problem they forsee is J2EE engine crashes even if a paramter is not maintained properly. So the BASIS team are forced to reinstall all JAVA part from scratch.

My querry is if they reinstall all JAVA part in XI server again, will we loose any development scenario we created in IR and ID? Pls explain....

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

The mapping and the adapters are executed on the J2EE engine. Again, I am not very certain that ur IR/ID will not get affected. Best to take a TPZ of them and keep.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashanth,

Pls clearify me this. If I right click a SWC and export it by selecting all objects in the SWC, where will these objects be saved?

If I export any objects, I can see the msg succesfully exported and a path with a file extension tpz. But when I click on import objects,I see the msg no objects found.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Message was edited by: Jai Shankar

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

After exporting, if you want to import back, you need to have file placed in the import directory,

The path usually will be like this-for repository objects

/usr/sap/<SAPSID>/SYS/global/xi/repository_server/import/

Exported files will be

/usr/sap/<SAPSID>/SYS/global/xi/repository_server/export/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

The SC will be exported as a TPZ to ur export directory.You can find your export directory at

XI Logon Page(in IE)--> Administration tab >General information(under system information)>Transport- Export directory

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Nothing should happen to ur objects in IR/ID. If u are still in doubt, why not take out ur objects as TPZs just in case :)?

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Thanks. That was a big relief to me. I beleive only adapter frame work in XI uses J2EE frame work. Only that part will be re installed. Plscorrect me if I am wrong.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.