cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LoadingAnimation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have implemented a Loading Animation which appears when a button is clicked by using sapUrMapi_LoadingAnimation_trigger() however the loading animation appears alongside all other page controls. Is there a way to blank the screen with just the Loading animation appearing as per the standard portal loading animation?

Any help greatly appriciated.

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

If you didn't change the LoadingAnimation default properties and used a sapUrMapi_LoadingAnimation_trigger(); value for the BUTTONCLICK scripting event then the LoadingAnimation should appear as a standard Portal LoadingAnimation. In which scenario do you get a different behaviour:

1. View in Portal from Visual Studio ?

2. in iView embedded into the Page ?

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima,

I have used the default properties and the sapUrMapi_LoadingAnimation_trigger(); value for BUTTONCLICK but the problem i have is when (in the iView viewed through the portal) I click the button, the button will remain visible as do all other controlls on the page and the Loading animation appears amongst the controlls. Ideally I would like all controlls to dissapear while the loading animation is displayed.

Thanks,

Paul

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I think that .NET LoadingAnimation behaviour is the same as Portal LoadingAnimation behaviour. Anyway, if you want to get a different behaviour then you need to use some kind of trick. One trick that can be used is

1. to put all your controls in some container like Panel

2. to write javascript function that will be invoked in BUTTONCLICK scripting event and will hide the Panel

<body class="prtlBody">

<script>

function BlankTheScreen(){

sapUrMapi_LoadingAnimation_trigger( );

document.getElementById("Panel1").style.display='none';

}

</script>

<sap:Button ID="LoadAnimationButton" runat="server" BUTTONCLICK="javascript:BlankTheScreen();"

Text="LoadAnimationButton"></sap:Button>

</body>

Regards,

Rima.

Answers (0)