cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to search DTR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I write common code that is used by all our developers. When I need to change some common code I'd like to be able to see all the places where that common code is used.

I know I can import each Development Configuration, "create project" from each DC and then do a search across my whole workspace but that's very inefficient.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to search the DTR instead.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you know the DC that contains the common code, you can find all using DCs in the CBS WebUI. That way you only have to search DCs that reference the common DC.

There is no way to search DTR resources though without Creating Projects in your NWDS if you use DTR clients generated from Development Configurations.

If you create a dedicated DTR client, you can sync all DTR resources to your local system and use a filesystem search.

Message was edited by: Pascal Willemsen

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

as Ken mentioned the DTR understands the WebDAV protocol, so you can simply use the Search functionality in the Windows Explorer. Just add your DTR as "Network Place" (with something like http://<host>:<port>/dtr as URL) and search it like a local folder. And I'm pretty sure that there are other WebDAV browsers out there that support file search, too.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing my old 'unanswered' posts.

After asking many people (SAP consultants on-site and OSS) it appears that this is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if you have a KM/Portal/Trex installation available, you could always create a repository manager that accesses the DTR via WebDAV. Then, index the WebDAV repository with Trex, and search away.

It's certainly more complicated that it needs to be, but it can be done. Of course, if you don't have the required tools, you're pretty much hooped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal and Wolfram,

Thanks for your replies. I already knew how to find what DCs use public parts of a DC.

Although that is somewhat helpful it is still a time-consuming process.

I was hoping for some feature that would let me search the whole DTR in one fell swoop.

Thanks anyway!

0 Kudos

Hello,

I do not know about a way search the content of files in DTR.

But you can at least find out which DCs are using your DC.

This way you can at least narrow down the search space.

Using DCs are shown in the CBS Web UI:

Find your DC in CBS Web UI. (Either search for your component using the "Development Components" button or drill down from buildspace to compartment to DC).

Klick on the DC name of your DC and the DC view appears.

Select the "Using DCs" tab.

Note that you see only the activated state.

If you have big landscape with multiple tracks, you would have to repeat this for every track.

Hope this helps.

Wolfram