cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a pattern to how a specific forum opens up?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm wondering if it's just normal behavior or if I'm doing something wrong...

The behavior I get when opening up a forum or clicking back button after viewing a post is very erratic.

For example, if I'm on the page listing all the forums and choose a specific forum... sometimes it opens that forum at the top (shows the forum description, # of topics, Post New Topic link, etc) and sometimes it opens the forum somewhere in the middle of the list of topics.

Same thing when I'm actually viewing a specific post. Sometimes it opens the post at the top (showing the first message and then all the replies below) and sometimes it opens it in the middle of all the replies.

After viewing a post, if I click back button, it takes me back to the forum topics but it doesn't take me back to the location I was at in the forum. Sometimes it takes me back and shows the beginning of the forum topics and other times somewhere in the middle.

What gives?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would classify that as odd, please contact sdn@sap.com and hopefully we can figure it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"I would classify that as odd" - Yeah, me too. : )

OK, I'll contact sdn@sap.com and see what happens.

Thanks Craig.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing my old 'unanswered' posts. As suggested here I did contact sap but never did get a resolution. Seem to remember the answer being something about the software they use and so on.

Bottom line it's still happening.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's "still" happening after a year?

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then I would suggest engaging sdn@sap.com again. Perhaps having a better understanding of what browser, what version of browser would help.

Our team is generally tracking here, but if this slipped through the cracks will do my best to see it addressed properly this time or at least clearly responded to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I'll try that again. Thanks.

What is the etiquette here then? Do I reopen the post or leave it as 'answered'?

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

since October, we have upgraded the forum software, so are you sure that your "problem" still exists? I couldn't reproduce it.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael. I just tried it again in a couple of forums. It seems to be consistent in that when I hit back it goes back to the beginning of the list instead of redisplaying starting with the row I had clicked to view a specific post.

For example, I went into the Web Dynpro forum, scrolled down and select the 35th entry. This means that I am no longer seeing the headings and the first 20 or so posts. After looking at the post, I click back button. It takes me back to the list and starts displaying at the top.

It would be preferrable that when it went back it would show the list somewhere around where I selected the post. I've already scrolled through all the other posts. Now I have to scroll down again to see the posts AFTER the 35th entry.

Not a big deal but inconvenient

David

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

how is the behaviour after the current forum upgrade? With my IE, I still cannot see any problem.

Regards,

Michael