cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility 04 SPS16 and 04s SPS9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am developing Web Dynpro Application in SAP Netweaver Developer Studio SPS16. I am testing it on my NW04 SPS16 Trial local installation.

Production system is NW04 SPS18.

Now I want to install NW04s SPS9 Trial.

Will my code written in Studio SPS16 work on NW04s SPS9?

Is it possbile to develop in Studio SPS16 and to test it on NW04s SPS9?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

If you have an application for which the plugins/classes in 04 SP16 and 04s SP9 are the same, your application will work. So you should test out the same.

From my understanding, with every SP SAP introduces new plugins or changes the existing plugins in Developer Studio to fix some problems and provide you the new functionality. The corresponding runtime classes are also updated on the server.

So you get into problems(get exceptions) when you are trying to run code developed in NW04 SP16 in NW04 SP9 and vice versa becuase of the plugin and java classes version.

And incase of new releases the plugins and classes will be lot different from old ones. So its highly unlikely that the code developed by you in Studio SPS16 will work in NW04s SPS9. This is becuase if the class that was being used in 04 SP16 might not be available in 04s SP9.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Shubham

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it will/should work.

The other way round will not work: Applications created with a NW04s Developer Studio will not run on older versions of the Web AS.

Armin