cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to update objects of sub software component version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two SWCV, say SWCV_BASE and SWCV_DERIVE, SWCV_DERIVE is based on SWCV_BASE. So the objects which belong to SWCV_BASE are also availabe in the BASIC OBJECTS directory under SWCV_DERIVE.

My question is:

When I make some change in SWCV_BASE, how to reflect this modification to the SWCV_DERIVE? Currently whatever I do to SWCV_BASE, the change can't be transferd to BASIC OBJECTS in SWCV_DERIVE. Does anyone know how to syncronize the objects in SWCV_DERIVE to get the newest ojbects in SWCV_BASE.

MUST REWARD FOR GOOD ANSWERS.

Regards,

Hui

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you try to refresh the cache after you activate

the SWCV_BASE?

BTW

when I do the change in my BASE component

it's reflected without any refresh

just after activation

did you do the base component as shown in my weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/26/xi-are-you-independentfrom-your-dependencies

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Michal

I forget to activate it. Yes, it's really... Forgive me:)

I have another question which has confused me for long time. It would be apprecaited if you could give me some light. According to sap documentation, through sub software component version we can reuse or do some customer modification to some SAP XI OBJECTS. But when I import some SAP software component version like SAP BASIS 6.20, I find nothing inside it. So when, how and where can we use SAP XI OBJECTS?

See the scenaio below:

An R/3 system is going to transfer data with a database.

R/3 (IDoc) <-> Database (JDBC)

IDocs can be devided into two types:

1. idocs shipped by SAP.

2. customized idocs.

In my understanding, when I import some sap software component version like SAB BASIS 6.20. I should be able to find the SAP shipped idocs. But nothing is there.

So Should I import the SAP shipped idocs into the SAP software component version? Then create a customized software component version based on SAP component version, where I import the customiyed idocs.

Could you give me some advice?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hui Wang

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>>In my understanding, when I import some sap software component version like SAB BASIS 6.20. I should be able to find the SAP shipped idocs. But nothing is there.

no you won't find any IDOCs in SAP BASIS

you will only find structures used for DEMO

>>>>So Should I import the SAP shipped idocs into the SAP software component version?

you can do it in many ways but try to stick to

Thorsten's 4th approach:

/people/thorsten.nordholmsbirk/blog/2006/07/25/structuring-integration-repository-content--part-1-software-component-versions

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michale,

I have read that weblog before. It's really helpful. But my question here is : should I sperate the idocs into two software component versions:

sap idocs -> SAP SWCV

customized -> custmized SWCV which is based on SAP SWCV.

Is there any problem If import or create some objects in SAP software component versions?

Or just put all the idocs into one software component version.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>should I sperate the idocs into two software component versions

no put them in one <b>version </b>- versions are not used for

that

Regards,

michal