cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

my requirment is i need to receive differnet xml messages, perform different mappings based on the document type of the xml messages and again i need to bundle all the resulatant messages and send it out through an rfc structure.

can anyone show me a better way.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try this;

1. define a block

2. open a fork

3. N number of receive steps for the messages

4. after each receive a transformation

5. outside the block one more tranformation N:1

6. Send

This sud work!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could use the above mentioned steps to resolve your problem.

But to fine tune your BPM, I would suggest you to use a switch instead of a fork.

You could specify a condition(depending on the document type value)and execute only a single branch of the switch statement(rather than execute all the branches each time, in case of a fork)

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello smitha,

i have used a switch there and transformation to perform different mapping than i used a container which is multiline to collect messages from different transformation and how to i send it out can i send this multilines in my container to an rfc table which is my final interface.

thanks,

raju N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A send step can send only one message at a time, and hence you cannot send the messages directly from a multiline container.

You would have place a container(say A) after the multiline container. This new container,A, accepts one message at a time, from the multiline container.

You can then use this container name(A), in the send step,to send messages.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello smith,

follow this link which gives you a better idea of my problem

http://www.mediamax.com/krishnamrajun/Links/C67C06B6BD

thanks,

raju N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry didn't get your query right, the last time.

<i>cant I use the same target for my transformations used in switch as my source structure message and target are same but the thing is they should go through different mapping.</i>

You can use the same target interface for your transformations... but you would have to use different containers(with the same target interface)for each of your transformations.

For example:

Each transformation in your switch step can use the same container as the source and your target.

Since you have 3 transformations in your switch, you could use 3 containers.

Outside the switch, the transformation will receive 3 containers as input and would require one container for the output.

<i>Will my transformation work effectively if pass 10 messages</i>

It would work as all your messages satisfy the condition of atmost one branch in the switch step.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello smitha,

<<You can use the same target interface for your transformations... but you would have to use different containers(with the same target interface)for each of your transformations.>>

when all my target interfaces from trasformations are same than we can append all the messages into a single multiline container beacuse our expression for container would be same anyhow.

my container operation expression(property) consists of the same container as my target container in my transformation and my target for container operation will be also the same as my target transformation but multine, the problem is how would be my transformation like where i need to combine multiline from my container operation.

i tried using the multiline container which has all data as my source to transformation its showing an error what would be the mistake, when i tried insert interface in souce its asking for index, what is that if i insert any number it not showing error when i chek.

if you can get my problem i can send you screen shots of entire process

thanks

raju N

Message was edited by: Raju N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The transformation, will have source as a multiline container.

Therefore, you should specify a interface mapping which should use n:1 multimapping in the transformation step.

Regards,

Smitha.

Message was edited by: Smitha Rao

deviprasad_pothireddy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Can you provide me some link's(doc) which are regarding to BPM scenario's and mapping scenario's

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

following link from sap help you find some scenario in using bpm based on the requirment

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a5/64373f7853494fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

thanks,

raju N

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello smitha,

when i pressed f4 in my transformation source interface along with interface i found index drop down can you tell me what it is exactly, if i am not giving index its showing me error

thanks,

raju N

Message was edited by: Raju N

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you need to create a BPM with a fork

in the fork you will have many receive steps

(as many as your document types)

also make sure you set it so it will only

start when all messages will be received