cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Print forms: Migration from SmartForm to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I would like to use this thread to share feedback and infos about migration from SmartForm to PDF print forms (apparently there's not so much info on SDN about it).

In our case, we want to convert a SmartForm to PDF.

So we start the migration tool (which builds an interface for us), then we create an application form (TCode EFRM in PSCD module), with after that creation of an new layout in PDF.

When we want to test it, the interface works well with original SF, but the converted interface doesn't run with PDF: we receive errors with parameters which are not filled.

Does anybody has feedback/experience on this ?

Thanks in advance,

Francois

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francois

I do not know transaction EFRM, but I know that to create a print form with SAP Interactive Forms (perhapos you are using a different forms tool?) you need to work in transaction SFP, where you manually migrate the form.

A couple of comments on migrating from Smart Forms to Interactive Forms.

How to do it is documented in the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/16/a369b1800e4bdda978ee0fe3b7bd2c/frameset.htm">SAP Help Portal</a>.

There is a migration wizard that assists you in migrating. It comes with recommended settings for those elements of a Smart Forms that migrate well (ABAP program nodes, for example, are not supported in the Adobe-based solution). See the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3b/bb186ddb4441a7875a11d46ea6580d/content.htm">Notes</a>.

SAP-internal experience over the last three years has shown that in most cases migrating a Smart Form and then reworking the migrated form (which is usually necessary) takes more time and effort than analyzing the form carefully and then creating it from scratch in SFP. This is particularly the case when several business forms are in one Smart Form and output based on conditions. It is recommended to have one form template per business form.

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Answers (0)