cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval By E-mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

1. I'm running the report 'RSWUWFMLEC' to get notification to the mail box of the users. Well its working fine. But while approving it from the e-mail, system is not actually approving it. When I come to SRM, I can still see the SC has not been approved. I'm running the report RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL and RSCONN01. I think I'm missing some steps. Can anybody point me where is the missing link?

2. While running the report 'RSWUWFMLEC', I should get only Shopping Cart. But I'm also getting PRs pending for approval. We are using SRM for Non-Inventory material and R/3 for direct material. In the mail (For PR), when I click the link, its taking me to SRM (rather than R/3).

3. I'm running the report 'RSWUWFML2' to get mail notification for R/3 PRs. Well its working just fine. But this report is pumping mails for open Shopping Carts. This should not do this. So this problem is just similar to above problem.

So as per Point 2, I should get only SC to my mail box and As per point 3, I should get only PR to my mail box.

Can anybody please help?

Thanks

Debashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

1)

Many things to adjust to enable the offline validation:

First on SRM side, for the approver who to receive workitem by mail, set the attribute "forward workitem" to "X". Ensure he got a mail adress and default communication method set to "email" (INT is the internalm code).

Run RSWUWFMLEC with option "one mail per workitem". Depending on realease, there is an option in the report to definbe the return mail mail adress, it should correspond to the mail address of the user wf-batch.

In the user wf-batch setting: set a correct mail addres and ensure that NO default communication method is set. The field should be blank.

Customize Sapconnect to send mail.

If you got a WAS, active the node, Sapconnect.

Now The mail should go in the outlook inbox of the manager. Approving or rejecting consist in sending a mail back to wf-batch in srm. Ensure that SRM can receive mail from outside. Check this point with basis/system people

If response mails comes in the wf-batch sap inbox, it is almost done. You only have to schedule the report RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL that have to be executed with the name of wf-batch (this report read the sap inbox of the user who is executing the report).

In this report, select "check user" so that a check will be made on the approver mail address. If not check, workitem will be approved by wf-batch.

A trick: to test the return mails. You can either set wf-bacth as a dialog user, so simply check his inbox and execute the rbbp_offline or Define a auto forwarding of mails from wf-batch to a dialog user (if you choose this otion, keep the otion "leave message in inbox").

I guess too you are in a test system. So be carefull that the mail address of the approver is unique ! The option "check user" in rbbp offline use the sending mail address to check the user ...

Good luck for this point.

2) Well, I don't suggest you to filter by task in selection of report RSWUWFMLEC, because it store in a table its last run. at the next run, it take this date as selection parameter. So running the report with 2 variants (one for SC, another for PR) won't work, it will miss some workitems.

Better copy this program and change the generated link depending on the object.

3) Similar to point 2, this report cannot run 2 times on the same periods.

Rgds,

Pierre