cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacing '#'-sign for 'not assigned' in queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're doing several queries on master data in BW 3.10 and I get '#'-signs ('not assigned') in queries in records that don't have a value for some of the infoobjects in the query.

I can't use a filter to eliminate the '#', because this would remove the complete record from the query.

Is it possible to replace the '#' with a alterative sign for indicating the value is not specified?

Thank you for your help, Kathrin!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathrin,

Try to use RSCUSTV4 transaction to do so.

Let me know if that helped.

regards,

MmM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meyyappan,

Thanks for your suggestion - I was hoping for a simple solution like customizing...

Unfortunately this does not work. (Maybe this only works for figures?) Do I have to do anything beyond saving (+ transporting) the changes in RSCUSTV4?

Thank you for your help, regards, Kathrin!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meyyappan --

How to do customizing for the above in RSCUSTV4..let me know the procedure for this.this will be very helpful for me .

Thanks and regards,

Rambo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

Please check the following message:

Best Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathrin,

Peter`s suggestion is alright. But I recommend the following VBA Coding to you, because the performance issue...

resultArea.Select

Cells.Replace What:="#", Replacement:="not assigned", LookAt:=xlPart, _

SearchOrder:=xlByRows,

MatchCase:=False,

SearchFormat:=False, _

ReplaceFormat:=False

You can put this inside the SAPBEXonRefresh subroutine, too.

The WebReporting solution is a table interface. Redefine the CHARACTERISTIC_CELL method...

if I_CHAVL = '#'.

c_cell_content = 'not assigned'.

endif.

Learn more about table interface:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a2/06a83a4bd5a27ae10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

rgds Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am facing the same problem, need to remove # and show blank in the report.

i tried in bi 7.0 with web template, but in my template i dont have a table, where should i declare the abap calss interface prog name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathrin,

try to enter a text for the blank entry in the master data maintenance of the relevant objects and set the display option for the objects to 'text'.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siegfried,

thanks for your suggestion, but like that I would have to manually add values to many many info-objects.

Thanks anyways, Kathrin!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathrin,

the only other way I can think about, is to create a VBA macro to replace all cell contents like '#' with something else.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathrin,

I just tested Siegried's suggestion. It took about 1 second to execute on a query that is 1000 rows by 20 columns. The VB code is:

Dim c as range

For Each c in resultArea.cells

if c.Value = "#" then c.Value = "not assigned"

Next c

I put this inside the SAPBEXonRefresh subroutine that already exists in every BEx workbook. BEx passes the resultArea range to the subroutine and it executes automatically following every refresh.

- Pete